About Me

My photo
I am creating this blog at the urging of some friends and family members who are not only interested in the outcome of my attempted climb up Mt. Kilimanjaro, but also want to know more about my year-plus preparation for this amazing trip. Jambo!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas

We are beginning our Christmas break following our classes this week (Tuesday, Dec. 13th). Traditionally, the last class before Christmas is set aside for a lesson about the Nativity story and a party in each class. This year I wanted to gather the children together for the story, and I decided to use one of my favorite videos for the entire group. The video is from the NEST Family Entertainment "Animated Stories from the New Testament" series, (and I highly recommend the entire series!) and it is called "The King is Born." I really like this video because it covers the annunciation through Mary and Joseph being warned to flee into Egypt, and it is only 30 minutes long. It does a good job of showing Herod's interaction with the magi, too. In any case, it is enjoyable for the children to see the story that keeps the focus on the reason for the season! :-)

You can find information on this video series at: http://www.nestfamily.com/

I wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I will be back to update the blog for our first class of the new year, which will be January 10th. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment